Saturday, January 18, 2014

More sights of the Appalachian Trail

 
photo jbc





 This home was tucked into the woods near Charlottesville. Very nice home and land.
photo jbc
The University of Virginia. Very nice town (Charlottesville) and college.
photo jbc
 Just look at that mountain. We went over it.
photo jbc
 Dont look down.
photo jbc
 Yes you could tell the difference. Tomorrow Ill show close ups of that valley below.
photo jbc
 What a difference a 1000 feet is. Beautiful as far as the eye can see.
photo jbc
 Rock on one side, drop off on the other. A no win situation.
photo jbc
 Now this was pretty neat find.
photo jbc
 A lovely farm. Reminded me of Germany.
photo jbc
 This is a very old spot. Just look at that water wheel. Awesome find.
photo jbc
 I have no idea what this is but I did not want to be behind it or near it in the event it were to blow up.
photo jbc
The road had such a steep decline it had many of these runaway ramps for trucks. I can only imagine how scary it must be to have to use one of those.


I can only imagine how much more beautiful the AT is in fall and winter. I might get the chance to see winter in a few weeks if I get the lower Ohio travel job. Yes I will take pictures. Thanks for stopping by. More AT pics tomorrow.
Mona :)

No comments:

Post a Comment