Monday, January 20, 2014

Last of the Appalachian Trail

photo jbc

 I dont know about you but I could live here forever if I had the money to do so. Peaceful country living.
photo jbc
 Here is a valley shot we got from atop the scenic drive. Who needs a city when you can have this?
photo jbc
 Anyone care for a glass of wine? Guess we have to wait until the grapes grow first.
photo jbc




photo jbc
 3115 feet in the air. Boy could you feel it. The picture above is an original log cabin we found tucked into the winding road of the scenic drive.
photo jbc
 I love barns. I will stop and take a picture of a barn anytime. However, Im really starting to like silos too. They, too, are falling from the landscape.
photo jbc
 Eat more chicken!
photo jbc
 Pretty flowers on the roadside. This red tree below just popped against the green scape with the purple flowers in the background.
photo jbc
photo jbc
Farewell my friend. Such a beautiful place. Lots of roadside stores, antique and thrift stores to shop and the regular country store to get some edibles. I tell ya, we stayed on the scenic drive for about 4 hours and it was time to get off of the curvy turns and I think the height was getting to us but Im glad we did cause we found so many wonderful sights and sounds and people that we would never have found had we just stayed at the tip top of the trail. I will go back in fall and winter to see it in its glory.

Thanks for stopping by. Mona :)

No comments:

Post a Comment